CMS Monday Morning Check-up
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is the Federal agency under the Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) which administers Medicare, Medicaid, and the State Children’s Health Insurance Program. The CMS EHR Incentive programs are currently open programs for eligible professionals and hospitals to receive incentive payment for participation. Checking in on CMS will be a regular weekly post to keep up with communication coming from CMS on information about these and other related programs.
eHealth Provider Webinar Series
When: September 11, 2013 – 12pm ET
Register for this event.
2013 PQRS Program: What Providers Need to Know about Upcoming PQRS Deadlines – CMS launched the eHealth webinar series to educate eligible professionals (EPs) about the eHealth programs and resources available. This is the eighth in the series.
Upcoming Webinars – Save the dates:
- September 24, 2013: CQMs for 2014
- October 1, 2013: One Year Until the ICD-10 Compliance Deadline
The presentations and recordings from past webinars can be accessed on the Resources page of the eHealth website:
- Medicaid EHR Incentive Program: How Eligible Professionals Successfully Participate (August 13, 2013)
- Administrative Simplification and eHealth (July 30, 2013)
- Quality Measurement 101: What Providers Need to Know about CMS Quality Programs (July 16, 2013)
- Intro to the EHR Incentive Programs for EPs: Basic Eligibility, Payment Information, and Key Deadlines (July 2, 2013)
- EHR Incentive Programs: Stage 2 Overview, Audits, and Payment Adjustments (June 20, 2013)
- Advancing Interoperability through Meaningful Use: A Refresher Course (June 6, 2013)
Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) Program Milestones
Providers considered eligible and able to participate in PQRS may be subject to a payment adjustment beginning in 2015. Eligible professionals (EPs) that do not report data on quality measures for covered professional services during the 2013 program year will be subject to a 1.5% payment adjustment beginning in 2015.
October 15, 2013
- Last day for individuals and groups participating in the Group Practice Reporting Option (GPRO) to elect to participate in the administrative claims-based reporting mechanism to avoid a payment adjustment in 2015
- Last day for groups to register to participate in GPRO for the 2013 PQRS program year via Web Interface or registry reporting
- Helpful Resources:
- 2013 PQRS: 2015 PQRS Payment Adjustment
- 2013 PQRS GPRO Made Simple
Learn how to Participate in the 2013 PQRS-Medicare EHR Incentive Pilot
CMS has released a new fact sheet on how to participate in the 2013 Physician Quality Reporting System (PQRS) Medicare Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Pilot Program. The PQRS-Medicare EHR Incentive Pilot Program allows eligible professionals to meet the clinical quality measure (CQM) reporting requirements for the Medicare EHR Incentive Program, while also reporting for the PQRS program by submitting their CQM data electronically.
|4MedTraining and Certifications
Check out the 4Med online curriculum. The training and certification programs are designed to meet the needs of busy professionals, offering practical lessons on ‘real world’ consultancy and employment opportunities in Health IT. All courses are modular, allowing students to stop and start at their own pace and on their own schedule. Click here to learn more. Use discount code HITECH to receive 20% off.
Category: EHR Adoption